This season always stirs up deep emotions of thankfulness in me. I love how Fall makes me feel. I think there is a reason why Thanksgiving was/is celebrated this time of year; it just feels like perfect timing. Even though everything is dying, it reminds me of new life ahead. Like us! We are all dying, but we have eternal life ahead of us, hallelujah! That makes me overjoyed with many emotions, and thankfulness is definitely one of them.
So, I wanted to compile my 8 top “thankfuls”.
1. My Savior, Jesus Christ. My Rock, my Example, my Teacher, my Friend. He broke my chains and gave me a new life in Him! And I will forever praise His Name! Amen!
2. My husband. The man God has blessed me to spend my life with. He supports me, understands me, encourages me, helps me, loves me! I chose him, and God has blessed that choosing. Not to forget, he is also extremely handsome!
3. My boys. Each individual, and each their own personality. They have taught me more about myself than I would like to admit. They’ve shown me forgiveness and unconditional love. They are witty and caring. I am one lucky momma! I’m amazed that I get to be their mom.
4. My parents. My mom has been by my side since the day I was born. She is always there for me no matter what dumb stuff I do, or get into. She puts me in my place, even when I don’t want it. She is an example of class and loyalty. She does the right thing, period! Her example will remain in me until I die. Thank you, mom, for always loving me. 4.5) My dad, even though my relationship with him has basically ended, I am forever grateful for the love he gave me and the things he has taught me. His incredible personality will always be in my heart. And I will forever love him. He was the best daddy!!
5. My In-laws. I can’t begin to imagine my life without them. Marcus’ parents are the most genuine people I’ve ever known. Their support and love for our family has been incredible. I love being their DIL! And so very thankful they are moving to be closer to us.
6. Phoebe, Jet, & Jock. My other 3 children. Man, God knew we needed dogs, didn’t He? They are not only stress-relievers, and joy-bringers, but their example of love, loyalty, forgiveness, and perseverance is motivating. Happy all day long!
7. Friendships. True friendship is scarce, yet sacred. True friendship isn’t about when it’s convenient, it’s about being there when it’s not. Loyalty that never wavers when the need changes. It’s about showing gratitude for the person in their dark times, and especially in their high times. Friendship is from God! And I am truly thankful for those in my life that show that special loyalty and gratitude.
8. Freedom. The word itself doesn’t do it justice. I could have been born anywhere on the planet, yet I was born an American. The privilege is a blessing. As an American, I can choose and do whatever I please (mostly), and it’s my prerogative to make any choice I desire. Friends, that is a right not many have. Not only am I free as an American…but I am FREE IN CHRIST!! Jesus paid it all…and I am paying it forward; not because I have to, and not because I must, but because I love Jesus! I want others to love and know Him, too. His love for me, and YOU, is incomprehensible. Until you choose to have a relationship with Him, you cannot understand the power and change He does within you. BE FREE! Not just as an American…but as a FREE & SAVED American, because of Jesus Christ!
And those are My 8…and I am thankful for & love you all. Happy season of Thanksgiving, friends!!!
Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever. 1 Chronicles 16:34